Thursday, October 17, 2013

German Matches

A Genuine Haushaltsware 5 Pfennig Matchbox Manufactured and Distributed By Deutsche Zündwaren-Monopolgesellschaft ("German Society for the Safety Matches Monopoly")

A Rather Shoddy Replica of a German Haushaltsware Matchbox from World War II

A Vintage Box of Riesaer Zündhölzer (Riesaer Matches) Manufactured in the 1950's in the Then East German Town of Riesa

Another Antique Riesaer Zündhölzer Matchbox Featuring a Different Logo Design

A Vintage Box of Welt-Holzer Matches From the 1950's, the Only Other Brand to Be Manufactured and Distributed By Deutsche Zündwaren-Monopolgesellschaft ("German Society for the Safety Matches Monopoly") Besides Haushaltsware

5 comments:

  1. I just listed a real box of Haushaltsware safety matches on e-bay if you are interested . They are the real thing not reproductions.they are from WWII brought back by an American Serviceman who was a German pow they were in an estate. Kept in a ceder box all these years I have Swan vestas full box from same time my e-bay is robertb953

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for taking so long to approve your comment (I wasn't aware that you left one until now). I'm sorry I missed your auction, but I hope you received a good price on the Haushaltsware safety matches.

    ReplyDelete