Friday, January 10, 2014

Australian Matches


A Box of Redhead Matches From the 1950's Manufactured in Richmond, Victoria in Western Australia by Bryant and May

Another Box of Australian Made Redhead Brand Safety Matches, This One From the Late 1970's

The Kookaburra or Laughing Jackass, a Popular Brand of Safety Match Sold in Australia in the Early 20th Century, Was Originally Manufactured There, But Later Matchboxes Like the One Above Were Usually Made in Sweden

The Front (Top) and Back (Bottom) of an Antique Box of Federal Brand Safety Matches Manufactured in Sydney, Australia Probably During the Late 1940's or Early 1950's

The Back (Bottom) and Front (Top) of a Vintage Box of Australian Brand Safety Matches Manufactured in Australia by Australian Match Mfg. Pty. Ltd.

4 comments:

  1. I am thinking of selling my Kookaburra or Laughing Jackass match boxes (made in Australia) circa 1920-1930. I have 14 boxes in original package, unopened in good condition. Only genuine interested persons to apply, not sure how this blog works but can send photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please accept my apologies, but due to other interests, I have unfortunately been neglecting this website for a while and thus wasn't aware of your comment until now. I must tell you that this site's only purpose was to share photos of my own matchbox collection with those who might be interested and not meant to facilitate any sales between my fellow collectors (myself included). It sounds like you have a very nice collection and I wish you the best of luck!

      Delete
  2. I have two full sets of Redhead match boxes for sale commemorating the engagement and marriage of Charles and Diana 1981 unused and in good condition + several extra boxes from that series, used and unused. See the series at this link. http://redheads.com.au/match-collections/chuck-di/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Once again, I wish you the best of luck with your matchbox-related endeavors!

      Delete