Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mexican Matches


Maya Cerillos, 100% Biodegradable, Eco-Friendly Matches Made from Cactus Quills in Mexico



 A Vintage Box of Clasico de Lujo La Central Matches Made in Mexico



The Front (Top) and Back (Bottom) of a Vintage Comodines (Wild Cards) Brand Matchbox Manufactured in Mexico by Compañía Cerillera La Central Featuring a Playing Card Theme and a Plastic Tray

Three All-Plastic Clasicos Matchboxes Manufactured in Mexico in the 1960's

A Vintage Box of Relampago Calidad Imperial ("Flash Imperial Quality" in English) Safety Matches Made in Mexico


1 comment:

  1. I have had a six pack of the MAYA matches for a coiple of years. I dont even want to use them because they are such perfct matches. When I first saw how they were made, i was curiuus about the stick itself. Mind you, I even eat spent match heads for sulfur carbon medicine. I shread the stick, looking for evidence of plastic! There was none. I could see the stick has fiber, but I didn’t know which. The best part, when I foind the stick portion is Ocatillo thorns! Muy Impressionario á mi. And the carbon medicine is a bonus. From A Friendly Texas Jedi.

    ReplyDelete